Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawyer in Virginia
With over three decades of trying cases in the courtroom (not in television advertisements), Mr. Wilson has represented clients in a wide range of personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Trucking and Motor Vehicle Accidents
Mr. Wilson regularly files motor vehicle accident claims involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. A key tip is to contact Mr. Wilson promptly. The evidence, witnesses, and the ability to defend against the big insurance companies disappear quickly after the scene is cleaned up, skid marks fade, foliage is trimmed, and the like.
The guidance is especially important in truck and motorcycle accidents – the other side will have investigators on site immediately. Their observations (biased or otherwise) will govern unless you investigate the scene too. Contact Mr. Wilson quickly, because evidence and deadlines need to be preserved.
You know the drill – do not sign anything without a lawyer reviewing it first. But those papers come at you quickly and soon you will be in over your head, while you simultaneously seek medical care (which is priority one – the injured victim’s health comes before any lawsuit), trying to get your car fixed, and trying to explain to your employer why you are absent.
Many factors need to be addressed and they can be complex. Some of these issues include:
- Do you have to give notice of your claim if a government employee’s negligence was at issue?
- Does the other driver have enough insurance, or do you need to consider an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist claim?
- What are your rights regarding your separate property damage claim?
- Does your policy provide for Medical Payments directly to you?
- Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and each facility has lien rights, meaning the right to claim part of the amount that you receive in settlement or at trial. You need a lawyer to help you navigate these rules and regulations. Otherwise, you may have Medicare or a private facility coming after you for payment, after the payment to you is gone.
DO NOT DELAY GETTING FREE ADVICE. CONSIDER ADDING MR. WILSON’S CELL PHONE NUMBER (757) 802-1953 TO YOUR PHONE CONTACTS NOW SO THAT YOU CAN SEND A TEXT OR CALL IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE AFTER AN ACCIDENT.
OTHER TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURIES
In addition to regularly handling all types of motor vehicle accidents, Mr. Wilson has represented injured clients in a variety of contexts. Representative cases include:
- Construction site and industrial accidents and death – although Mr. Wilson does not handle Worker’s Compensation claims, he can provide referrals to assist you.
- Product liability injuries, whether causing amputation; permanent injury; or disease.
- Defamation claims.
- Assault and battery.
- Slip and falls, whether in supermarkets; in businesses where water should have been removed, or a warning should have been given; in a courthouse; at a resort where the paint on pool steps was improperly applied causing a slippery trap; and at marinas where decking was defective.
In his thirty years of practice, Mr. Wilson has seen the spectrum of injury and wrongful death claims and also knows how to be compassionate and effective. Call Mr. Wilson and see why he was only one in ten Virginia lawyers to receive the Personal Injury Client Satisfaction award in 2015.
Million Dollar Property Damage Claims
- Multi-million dollar claims for fires arising out of numerous construction sites in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia
- Burst piping and mold proliferation cases in both Virginia and West Virginia
- Catastrophic industrial silo collapse outside the United States
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list of the types of cases that Mr. Wilson has handled over the last thirty years, these representative cases illustrate his depth of experience in handling a variety of bodily injury and property damage claims. Because every case is different, having a diverse background is an advantage when strategizing on how best to maximize your personal injury recovery.